Thursday, December 30, 2010

ARCs


Look what I received yesterday. The ARCs (Advanced Reader Copies) for AS YOU WISH. This stage always makes the process seem more real. I'm holding a real book in my hands; it has weight and dimension; it has a cover, pages and a back blurb. Really a lot of fun. It isn't the final version, but it's one step closer. And now I have to let them go. Three are already in envelopes ready to be mailed to reviewers. And that's the scary part. Letting the book out there where no guarantee of love exists. I hope people will love it; I hope they find what I wrote to be humorous, uplifting, exciting, and an escape. I hope I succeeded in making this book a stand alone book despite being the second in a series (I believe I have succeeded, but my own perception may be skewed). Let me assure you that I did write it so that anyone could pick it up and read it without having read the first book.

AS YOU WISH is Reggie's tale. Regina Scott comes from a prominent Arcani family, but she never had any magic of her own. And then she discovers she's chosen to be a fairy godmother. Unfortunately the transition won't be easy. Reggie faces a curse, an attempt to overthrow the magical Council, and an entirely too enthusiastic mother.

Let's not forget the hero. Jonathan Bastion is a man of power and wealth and a hidden agenda. He wants to use Reggie for his own purposes and never expects to find true feeling for her.

Throw in a couple of special bakers, an irascible one-armed gnome, a demanding family,and a mysterious friend and you have a story that flew from my fingers onto the page.

So...the reviews start. The rest of you will have to wait until April 26.
--Gabi

Books I'm reading now:
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
Somewhere Along the Way by Jodi Thomas

6 comments:

  1. All that hard work realized in the actual book.
    *dreamy sigh*
    Thanks for sharing Gabi!
    Happy New Year!
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rob. Happy New Year right back at you.
    --Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly wait for the reviews to start rolling in! I'm so excited to get my hands on this in April!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait... another gnome? LOL!! There is just something about your gnomes Gabi, they're creepy cute. Makes me think back to the one in The Wish List, lol. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait. There's no gnome in Wish List. There's an imp, and a mention of gnomes (they're builders, you know), but no gnome characters. As You Wish has a gnome.
    --Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Head meet key board. Sorry Gabs, I was thinking of "Hellfire" by Kate Douglas, I read "gnome" and a scene from that book popped up.

    Uhhh, I feel like a doh doh now. lol. Only the 4th time this week, I seriously thought today was Feb. 28th. I was freaking out because I thought I didn't have as much time as I thought I did. And then an hour or so after that I took a pan from the stove and set down the oven mit, turned around to do something then turned right back around and grabbed onto the hot pan... not once but 2 times.

    ... I think I need more some sleep. Anyways I was just coming by to let you know I got my review copy the other day. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete