Sunday, October 14, 2012

Balloon Fiesta


Guessing game today. Today was the last day of Balloon Fiesta, an annual event here in Albuquerque. I've been just about yearly since we moved here and take far too many pictures when I go. Don't worry, I won't subject you to them all here (Go to my Facebook page if you want to see the 77 I posted out of the 137 I took), but here are two shots. Can you guess what they are?
What can this be?
Here's the other (This one's easier):
Uhhhh?
And here are your answers:
The Lion King
I don't think that's the real name for the balloon (they all have names, but I don't know them). Half the fun is making up names for the balloons you see. Of course, it's really hard to be original when you wake up at God-awful thirty to get to Balloon Fiesta Park (worth it, but I love my morning sleep).
And here's number two:
Spidey Pig
The Balloon is always awesome--when the weather cooperates. I don't think I'll ever tire of it, and as long as I'm in Albuquerque, I'll attend.
And one more random shot, because it's the coolest balloon (da-da-da, da-de-da, da-de-da --you'll understand the tune when you see the picture):
Vader!
--Gabi
Books I'm reading now:
Only Yours by Susan Mallery

No comments:

Post a Comment