Monday, August 15, 2011

Guilty Pleasure

Can I share a secret with you? Tomorrow is the first day of school If you follow my blog you know I'm not teaching any more, so what does the first day of school have to do with me? My daughter, the one left at home and not in college, goes to school tomorrow. The husband goes to work, the daughter goes to school, and I will have the house to myself for hours every weekday.

I truly hope I'm not letting myself in for a big letdown. I don't want to spend my free hours doing the things that will distract from writing--you know, laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning. I have to tell myself this is a nine-to-five job (or in my case seven-to-three job--the daughter leaves the house early). And I also have to make sure friends and family understand the same concept. I am NOT a stay at home mom with time to run every errand. (Not that there's anything wrong with that role. I was that for ten years.) Errands will come. Like next week, Baby girl gets her braces off. I will be there for that. But I will be writing. And it's hard work. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Now if I can only find some way to communicate this to the dogs...
--Gabi

Books I'm reading now:
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Scoundrel by Zoe Archer
Rebel by Zoe Archer

No comments:

Post a Comment