Saturday, March 3, 2012

Countdown to Pub Date

April 24. One month and some days. That's when WISHFUL THINKING will be available for purchase. But that doesn't mean I'm not worrying about it now. I have tons to do before then. I just received my ARCs (Advanced Reader Copies), and  I'll be sending them out so the reviews start pouring in. Last year, AS YOU WISH wasn't reviewed in RT (Romantic Times) although my publisher assures me that it was sent. That was a blow. They assure me that WISHFUL THINKING  was also sent this year, but I don't know if it made the magazine yet or not.  In any case, the ARCs are going out.

I also have to decide what contests to run. I have a great magic wand to give away, some copies of THE WISH LIST and AS YOU WISH, and some magic wand charms, so stay tuned.

Because the life of a writer isn't just about writing. It's also about marketing and getting publicity, which despite my efforts hasn't made me a household name. (Not sure I'd actually want to be a household name like Betty Crocker or Mr. Clean.) In any case, it's an aspect of writing as a career that, should you choose to undertake this path, you should be aware of.

So I start again with the reviews. I'll keep you posted how this book, the last and final part of the story started in THE WISH LIST, is received.

--Gabi

Books I'm reading now:
Midsummer Moon by Laura Kinsale
Death, Taxes, and a French Manicure by Diane Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment