Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Travel

I love to travel. At least I tell myself so. I do actually enjoy seeing new vistas, experiencing new things, eating different foods. However, I hate flying. No, that's not fair. I am a combination of fear and excitement. It's always exciting to travel, but remember exciting doesn't always mean good. If you read an exciting book or watch an exciting movie, it usually means bad things are happening to the characters that they must overcome.  I don't think I want an exciting life. Although I'd probably be thinner if I had one.

So I'm on my way to NYC. I've been there before, but it's still the unknown and unfamiliar for me. So it's fear and excitement mixed (I'm sure that the excitement will all be good in my case). It's the stepping out of one's comfort zone that's uncomfortable. But experiences make one grow as a person, and, as I firmly believe, once one stops growing or learning, you may as well die.

But that doesn't ameliorate the fear/excitement I'm feeling now sitting at the airport.

--Gabi
Books I'm reading now:
Genuine Lies by Nora Roberts
Fool by Christopher Moore

1 comment:

  1. However, we still have the problem of free travel and movement, since the Travel Documents issued by UNMIK as the substitute to passports, are not fully recognized yet by all countries.

    ReplyDelete